Motor Analysis Testing & Health (MATH)™
MATH is recommended to evaluate the condition of DC gearless machines before the modernization begins, the results can assist the consultant, building owner & elevator contractor in planning their course of action. MATH can also be used for general testing or to identify issues that are occurring in a machine.
- Detailed observation of the motor as it operates; record how the motor performs, measure voltage & amperes on up & down runs on the fields & armature.
- Disconnect motor from controller.
- Inspect brush assembly, brush face, condition of wiring, insulation, isolators, air gap, and oil & carbon contamination.
Using a electronic Megohmmeter check resistance to ground on:
- Field Coils
- Brake Coil(s)
- Brush Assembly
- Using 120vac, drop test the field coils, measure Ohm values & inductance of each field coil.
- Perform a Bar to Bar test on the commutator to measure Inductance & Impedance throughout the armature.
- Customer will receive a detailed report compiled from the recorded results while testing & observing each machine with recommendations.