We have the solution!
ince 1996 EMR has been manufacturing the Modernization Flexible Coupler (MOD Coupler) that is used on a national scale on Geared Elevator Machines to ease the wear and failure of new two ball bearing motors, removes end thrusting and reduces 8 to 16 installation hours in the alignment process versus using a solid coupling. Hoist machines have 100 times the internal clearance of a 2 ball bearing motor. If you direct couple, the motor will carry the ENTIRE LOAD of the hoist machine with end thrusting! THE BEARING WILL FAIL!
Flex Coupling removes end thrusting and overloading of motor bearings.
- DC to AC or DC to DC
- Available for all Westinghouse, Armor, Staley, Gurney, Otis, H.W, Titan, Watson, Warsaw, Payne, Northern, Serge, Haughton and other makes.
- Custom or odd machines please call for assistance.
- Split drum machines can be modified to adapt to our Flex Coupling.
- U.S Patent #6,315,080
- Downlolad Mod Coupling Instructions
- Download instructions for 1024 encoder instructions